Sunday, May 30, 2010

The goings on of San Diego

I would just like to point out that as I write this, I am tucking into THE best and freshest homemade strawberry icecream this side of anywhere! Chuck, you are the best and I will forever call you my uncle :)


Ok, now for the rest of the update, I'm here in San Diego staying with my aunt and unlce, Carol and Chuck. The worst of the jet lag has past, after I think was only 17hrs of nearly continuous flight. Most of it is now just a blurr, though watching Carl Barons stand up comedy was a highlight.

I can now say that I've seen my first San Diego cactus (right) and my second and 103rd... they are everywhere, as well as the palm trees.



Left is picture of Carol and I on our way to the beach which hides at the bottom of massive cliffs. This was the day I teach them the fine art of frisbee throwing and they introduce me to an unexpected nude beach. What a day.











On the right is Carol and Chuck pointing out a rock that looks exactly like an unburried bear ass. And no, this wasnt part of the nude beach, that was around the corner.












Today Carol and I headed for the aquarium which is on premo realestate on a cliff above the ocean. Very spectacular. Home to a gargantuan red octopus that was terrorizing the small children by continually swimming directly at the glass of its enclosure. Much enjoyment on my part ensued.


Carol and Chuck are a laugh a minute and have

a strange fascination with a particular blimp that flies over the house about 5 times a day. This however, in no way compares to their love of golf. The image on the right highlights this fact. Yes, this is their backyard, and yes, that is a putting green. Hours of fun by friends. Hours of fun :)
And tomorrow... San Diego Zoo... and the exploration of a huge naval aviation docking ship. Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment